2016 has come to a close. Over the course of this period, the Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate valiantly continued their Jihad against the foreign invaders and their hirelings, took over areas, liberated districts, besieged provincial capitals, cut-off main highways and repeatedly carried out attacks on enemy bases which caused huge losses.
The Mujahideen also sustained casualties during this period but these casualty figures were 6% of those of the enemy meaning that for every 100 enemy personnel killed, only 6 Mujahideen were either martyred or injured.
The Mujahideen losses were far fewer because the enemy was on the run and the Mujahideen in their pursuit.
The enemy was demoralized, terrified and confused on the battlefields and did not have any support of the people. On the other hand the Mujahideen fought with the high moral of Jihad, crushed large enemy forces with small numbers, shook the feet beneath them with martyr and insider attacks and the Mujahideen of firm faith were blessed with the Divine help from Allah.
Below we present a few statistics of attacks during the Jihad in 2016, enemy losses and other interesting figures which have been collected and calculated using accurate information.
- A total of 9153 small and large attacks were carried out by Mujahideen against enemy forces in the year 2016.
- Martyrdom operations made up 32 of these attacks.
- 266 foreign invaders were killed and another 135 injured by these attacks.
- Due to the fact that the Kabul administration police, army and intelligence personnel are used as a shield for the Americans and stand at the forefront of battles against the Mujahideen hence they faced the most losses of anyone including 17539 army, police, intelligence and Arbakis killed and 11272 wounded.
- During this period 3427 enemy vehicles (APCs and Ranger pickup trucks) were destroyed.
- 28 enemy aircraft were also destroyed throughout the country last year including 14 helicopters, 10 UAVs, 2 fighter jets and 2 large logistic airplanes.
Spokesman of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
29/03/1438 Hijri Lunar
09/10/1395 Hijri Solar 29/12/2016 Gregorian